My Polyvore Sets

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Okay, so I've got a lot to say (oh my gosh I rhymed!!!) 

Yesterday I spent 7 hours and 15 minutes at the doctor's office/hospital place thingy. The doctors aren't really sure, but they think that I have 'Idiopathic Enlarged Blindspot Syndrome'. Basically that's just fancy talk for 'she can't see in some spots'. That's totally true. There are spots where I just can't see, no matter what I do. That sort of helps to explain why I have some trouble not walking into things. 

So I had to do all these different tests. Basically my mom and I walked into the place at 7:23. The first test we did was sort of boring. For ten minutes (per each eye), I sat in a chair with one eye blocked, while I made a beeping noise with a button whenever I saw the lights flashing. That one was pretty easy on my part. All I had to do was make noise when I saw a light. It was that simple. 

Then we talked to the doctor for a little while, and even though she was nice, I could tell that she didn't believe me that there were blind spots, because she thought I was too young to notice that I couldn't see in those spots. How did I notice? I'm just that weird that I keep one eye closed a lot. That's pretty much how I figured it out (plus there was the little fact of well, that I can't see very well ;P ). 

Once she saw the test results though, she got it. 

The next test was really hard. I had to wear these contacts that had wires in them. Then I had wires on my forehead and some on my ear, and those were all attached to something on my shirt that I couldn't see because if I turned my head the contacts would come out. That was the worst one, and I'm gonna have to do it again, because the right contact messed up. 

Then we talked to the doctor again, and then I had to stare into this really bright light and they took pictures of my eyes. Then they injected this yellow die (via needle) into my arm and took pictures of it flowing into my eye. It was crazy. It wouldn't have been so bad if the dye hadn't made throw up.... but anyway. 

Then they took more pictures of my eyes, and then they scanned them. Then we talked to the doctor again and I'm going to have to take steroids. I thought I was going to start them today, but it turns out that I'm starting them tomorrow. 

After that, we went to a great Greek restaurant, and it was so much fun. Then we went to Michael's and I got some fake flowers and a really pretty iron on shirt thing. I got the flowers because on Saturday, I plan to go to the book party for the newest Hunger Games book. I'm dressing up as Rue, a twelve year old girl. 

I'm going to wear camo-like clothes, and then cover myself in flowers like they did to her when she dies. It sounds weird, but it should be cool. I honestly can't wait. 

Not much is going on with my day today though... 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's a good idea for a costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EPIC COSTUME!!! *jealous* I wanna come.... xD i'm still in FL though.

    ReplyDelete