My Polyvore Sets

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bored Out of My Mind at Five Twenty-Five in the Morning...

Hello everyone. It is 2:05 and I'm bored out of my head. I know what you're all thinking; "Well then you idiot go to bed!" the reason why I can't? I have no desire to waste my time sleeping, even if it means that I will have a harder time waking up in the morning. After my alarm goes off a couple hundred times, I think it will rouse me from my continuated slumber. (Ha, the word 'continuated' doesn't exist, I made it up :D) It's raining outside. A sure sign that it's summer. When it rains at night in calms me down and makes me feel sweet and poetic. Especially when I've been rehearsing for a show or just seen a show, as i have today. So of course, i've come up with 'Trapped'.

Trapped

Sometimes, I see things that aren't there.
Whether it be monsters, creatures, or maidens fair.
Sometimes I'm in places that don't really exist,
On a cloud or a storm, or a giant's fist.

Sometimes I'm trapped,
In a wide open space,
The wind closes me in,
My hair whipping about my face.

I look on into the rain
Hoping my sorrow leaves no stain
Knowing that I can not refrain
from feeling trapped in a wide open space.


The rain has stopped now, and all the magic is gone. It's leaving an empty feeling inside my stomach; like someone has reached down my throat with a spoon to scoop out my insides. I keep waiting for the feeling to come back, yet it is very easy to believe that the magic will never inhabit me again.

Do you see what happens when I stay up late listening to the rain? It drives me crazy, and now I'm driving you crazy as well. But then again, no one made you read my words, that was a choice that you made for yourself. But now that the rain is gone I have nothing more to say... I suppose I could try for a poem about the sky...

Sky of Saphire
Many things happen in the sky at night
Many things happen to the stars so bright.

Many things happen to the sky in the day
The clouds are visible when the stars go away

And in the clouds are pictures not so clear,
But in the stars are pictures that are above all peers

Tell someone the truth about the sky of blue
And you'll find out the secret of why you're you

Tell someone the truth about the sky of black,
And your imagination will run off its track.

I wish the rain would come back. It's just so much easier to think with the steady thrum of it going on behind your head, not really subconscious, but not something that you think about either. It's one of those noises that just flow with your natural instinct to live. So many people have negative feelings about rain and storms but i just don't understand it. I don't know, rain and storms symbolizes life and warmth to me... what do you think??? comment comment comment!!!

4 comments:

  1. i payed enough attention to comment, and i love the rain <3!
    also, i love your peoms, your really gooooooood!!
    <3
    MUA aka ME aka MAIA aka SHOSHI aka SHUUSHI aka MIA aka WHATEVR

    ReplyDelete
  2. omigod kai that's amazing. and i was also staying up til like three am started reading a library book and then finished it. boo. ya. and you are so right about the rain <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I know who you are. You're the only person I don't personally know that comments. Haha, thanks for that. I also thank you for saying what you did about my poems because most of them i really don't like. What is funny though, is i can say i improved. When I was about six or seven, i kept a poetry/song journal. i would write ANYTHING there. i loved it. i would spend hours in my room writing. some of them were almost good: like the one Symphony of Snowflakes. I'll see if i can find some of them and post them sometime today. one of the REALLY bad. as in, sitting on a bench sitting next to a bench.... yeah. so i can say with some confidence that i have gotten better at poetry.

    ReplyDelete